The September meeting is on Thursday, September 26th. Jim Norris will present "Turning a Pumpkin".
Follow this link for an interactive map to the meeting location.
Summary of the year 2018 - 2019
This is a brief review of BSWT 2018-2019 year, apologies for any oversights.
- Reed Gray - mentoring, general assistance with any programs, demonstrations
- Richard Worthey- Second term of repeat presidency, programs,
- Paul Foshay - longest term of office in club history
- Jim Hurst- Longest videography and sound producer, Photos and notes for newsletter. Help on almost every project
- Eldon Richey- demo, show and tell contributor, idea of having two TV sets for demos
- Dave Laaksonen- vice president, Donation of one television set, installation of TV’s
- Dick Flynn- demo lathe for club, helping with pen project and other work at school
- Others who help with set-up and tear-down of monthly meetings
- Mark and Judi Howe- gracious hosting of board meetings, president Judi updated roster, Mark updated information on website
- AAW - $1300 lathe grant
- OWT (symposium group)- $1300 grant for pen project, $1000 rant for helping with symposium
School Projects 2018-2019:
- Approximately 125 pens grades 4-8 ( Hurst, Howe, Flynn, Richey, Worthey, Norris, Cooper, Laaksonen, Gray)
- 67 projects contributed to annual auction - Golden bell recipient from school to club
- 17 birdhouses for skills days in Spring 2019 including Home Depot birdhouse project (Ralph Feree)
- Bird Lecture and bookshelf project (Paul Foshay)
When you see these people be sure to thank these people for their efforts to make our club move forward. Also, thanks to the many unnamed members who help with the setup and tear down at the monthly meetings…..as is said "it takes a village"
September 26, 2019; 6:00 PM, Coburg Community Charter School, Coburg - Beaver State Woodturners
Jim Norris - "Turning a Pumpkin"